Bell’s Palsy

Acupuncture and Chinese Herbs NYC

About 75% of people afflicted with Bell’s Palsy do not need treatment. Frequently, they can recover by themselves. Only the other 25% need help. In China, it’s common knowledge that acupuncture is the first choice for Bell’s Palsy sufferers. Tremendous research has been done there over the decades from the 1950s to indicate that acupuncture and Chinese herbs are better choices than other approaches. On one hand, acupuncture acts on the troubled nerve right away, and on the other hand, herbal medicine can deal with the cause of the problem very effectively.

Bell’s Palsy Treatment Success

Some of our biggest successes have been curing one patient with a 13-year history, and another with a six-year history was cured. It has also been reported that one patient with a 33-year history has been cured by acupuncture. That’s not to say that those are the only patients we have helped with Bell’s Palsy. We have also cured many patients who had a short term bout, 6 months – 1 year, with Bell’s Palsy.

In the United States, it looks like awareness has just started. Most people haven’t yet realized that acupuncture is the best choice for this. Many patients go to their general practitioner first and they end up having an operation because they don’t know acupuncture can definitely help.