We have found that many of our patients have tried either IVF or IUI many times without any success — some have even been through 4 or 5 IVFs and several IUIs!
According to Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM), these procedures often fail because the patient’s body is not in a properly balanced state. The patients were so eager that they simply went ahead with these procedures without first preparing their bodies.
In our clinic, Dr. Wang first checks what is going on with your body and then provides suggestions about diet, lifestyle, etc. We even need to tell you how to watch your body carefully and what you need to do besides acupuncture and Chinese herbal treatment to support your IVF and IUI therapies. The results are fantastic, with patients having a high success rate with their fertility treatments after properly balancing their bodies with traditional Chinese medicine. Please read the testimonials of our patients or read Dr. Wang’s detailed overview of fertility treatments and TCM theory on fertility issues.
At NYC Acupuncture and Chinese Herbs Clinic, visit or call Dr. Wang, IVF IUI supporting therapist for an overview on IVF IUI supporting therapies. Acupuncture is the most used harmonizing therapy in patients undergoing In-Vitro Fertilization (IVF) and Intrauterine-Insemination (IUI) treatment, as it is believed to favor blood flow in the patient’s body and increases the possibility of the embryo implant.
Benefits of Acupuncture as a Complement to AI and IVF Treatments
Today, we have ample scientific and clinical evidence that supports the effectiveness of acupuncture to prepare a woman’s body before and during assisted reproduction techniques. Acupuncture has, in particular, multiple benefits when used as a counterpart to Artificial Insemination (AI) or IVF treatments.
Acupuncture for IVF and IUI:
• Improves hormonal balance.
• Minimizes the side effects of medications typical of assisted reproduction techniques.
• Helps to calm the mind, reduce anxiety, lower stress levels (which are very harmful in the search for pregnancy), and relax the woman’s body at all levels.
• Strengthens the immune system, which plays a very important role during pregnancy.
• Increases blood flow and vascularization in the uterus, the ovaries. In addition, it relaxes the arteries that supply these areas, oxygenate and nourish them.
• Modulates uterine contractions.
• Improves the receptivity of the endometrium.
• Help in the implantation of the embryo in the uterus.
• Increases the chance of success in IUI and IVF.
Throughout the acupuncture sessions for IVF and IUI, one of the factors measurable with the Chinese medicine approach is how the insertion of the needles stimulates the release of the substances of the central nervous system, such as:
• Endorphin B (or pain moderator) causes the release of follicle-stimulating hormone and luteinizing hormone, improving the stimulation of the ovaries and increasing the production of estrogen, which helps the correct thickening of the endometrium;
• Serotonin, which is involved in cell division and liver regeneration helps regulates mood and intestinal peristalsis.
Acupuncture for the Preparation, Stimulation, and Transfer Phases
Fertility problems and IVF or AI treatments are a major source of stress and anxiety and an emotional “rollercoaster.” Therefore, the role of acupuncture is essential as a complement to these assisted reproduction treatments. The effectiveness of the application of acupuncture sessions before and after the transfer of embryos (fresh, frozen, or ova donation) offers spectacular results. Dr. Wang’s success rate reveals that acupuncture offers even better results if there is a pre-preparation phase during which the woman’s body can work on a holistic level. In order to better influence, for example, the quality of the ovules or the number of antral follicles, it’s advisable to combine:
• Weekly acupuncture sessions,
• Changes in habits and nutrition,
• Necessary supplementation with Phytotherapy and Orthomolecular therapy.
In Acupuncture and Chinese Herbs Clinic NYC, we also treat patients who come just at the beginning of the IVF or IUI. With effective use of time, we apply all the IVF and IUI supporting therapies and techniques necessary to enhance their fertility and prepare their bodies for the day of the transfer. Even so, we believe that it would be ideal to have at least 3 months to balance the reproductive system of a woman to achieve the best form before receiving the embryos. In these cases, the preparation for Insemination or In-Vitro Fertilization covers three important phases of treatment with acupuncture in our clinic:
• Sessions during the stimulation phase (1-2 times per week).
• The session before (pre-transfer) and after (post-transfer) the embryo transfer, if possible during the same day, or one day before and one after.
• One session 5-7 days after the transfer while waiting for the beta.
Call Dr. Wang now at 212-262-9898 or 516-313-6223 to make an appointment!