Dr. Shaobai Wang is one of the first Acupuncturists to treat infertility with acupuncture and Chinese Herbal medicine. Dr. Wang has found a better, natural treatment for infertility for even those with high levels of FSH and low AMH support. Some patients from 40 to 45 years old became pregnant with Dr. Wang’s acupuncture treatment and with no additional intervention. Dr. Wang also has a unique acupuncture treatment for miscarriage issues. Many patients who have had three miscarriages have gone on to have healthy babies through Dr. Wang’s safe and non-invasive procedures.
The picture to the left shows one of Dr. Wang’s infertility patients, who was an MD and physician at Columbia University Hospital, in 1994. After three months of treatment, his wife became pregnant and gave birth to a baby boy. The picture was taken at the patient’s home in 1995 when the baby was one month old. At the same time, Dr. Wang was seeing another MD patient in the same hospital, whose wife became pregnant after two months.
Infertility for the male side is due to sexual dysfunction or due to low sperm count or poor motility, etc. Acupuncture and Chinese herbs can improve these significantly. There are many reasons for female infertility. One of the more common causes is an irregular period. Because of the irregular period, the timing of having a baby becomes very difficult. Other common problems are tube blocking, fibroid, cyst, malfunction of the endocrine system, etc. Acupuncture and Chinese herbs successfully treat these problems and are therefore very effective in treating infertility.
Recent Case Example
Mary M. (female, born on Nov. 29, 1957) first visited our office at the age of 47 on Sept. 16, 2004, for infertility issues. Before this visit, she had IUI several times with no results. We told her to use our methodology, herbs, and acupuncture to regulate and balance her body first. Then, we instructed her to use our methods to try to get pregnant naturally. After ten visits over two months, on Nov. 4, 2004, she became pregnant naturally but suffered from a miscarriage. Over the next two years, this happened two more times at her age of 49 (during which she found out she had a fibroid). After the fibroid removal, she continued our methodology, IVF, and eventually became pregnant with a donor’s egg without miscarriage. On Nov. 8, 2009, she delivered healthy twins.
Why are TCM and acupuncture so successful at treating infertility?
- Historically, women in China have always been in the lower level of society. They were always in difficult situations. In turn, there were a lot of infertility problems due to pressure and stressful lives.
- For Chinese people, culturally, traditionally, and customarily, having no offspring is the biggest problem in the family because the family cannot continue without offspring. Maintaining the family line is always the most important aspect of Chinese family life.
- Due to the above reasons, TCM doctors developed an excellent system to treat infertility with success. We know this, and we still use this widely in China.
- Since the 1950s, scientists in China have done tremendous research to find out why TCM and acupuncture are good for infertility. They have found that TCM and acupuncture can promote both male and female reproductive functions: promoting the quantity and quality of the eggs and sperms, promoting the combination of the sperm and egg, balancing the hormones, regulating the nervous and endocrine systems. And most significantly, both acupuncture and TCM have what is called a “both direction” regulation function, which means making whatever is too high lower, and whatever is too low higher, and eventually back to a reasonable level.
- Recently, the New England Journal of Medicine reported that acupuncture could increase the chance for pregnancy by at least 50 percent.
- IVF, ICSI, etc., are brand new approaches for infertility. Typical success rates are normally like the following (female):
|Pregnancy Rate (%)||43.5||42.1||32.6||23.7||14.3||12.5|
- Stress and nervousness are other common reasons for infertility. TCM and acupuncture can get rid of those quickly.
- We have successfully treated many so-called “impossible” patients and made the impossible possible. They were finally pregnant and have maintained the pregnancy nicely and delivered healthy babies.
- In our office, the success rates are like in the following (female with our acupuncture method):
|Pregnancy Rate (%)||> 87||> 84.2||> 65.2||> 47.4||> 28.6||> 25|
The average of success rate ( IVF + our acupuncture method ) in our office is: (87+65.2+28.6) / 3 > 60.3%. Dr. Wang has helped countless couples reach their dream of parenthood through his Infertility Treatments. Please contact Dr. Wang for an initial consultation to learn if this treatment is right for you.
At the Acupuncture Chinese Herbs clinic, nothing is more critical for Dr. Shaobai Wang than the patients that come in for In Vitro Fertilization in NYC. He individually analyzes each case, offers a personalized diagnosis, and ensures that pregnancy is achieved. The aim of our medical team is to provide the best goal-oriented, IVF Treatments in Manhattan. If you are unable to conceive through natural means, it is important to consult experienced medical professionals who can determine the most appropriate treatment.
What Is In Vitro Fertility Treatment?
In Vitro Fertilization (IVF) is the union of the ovum with the spermatozoon in the laboratory to obtain fertilized embryos that can be transferred to the womb to achieve a pregnancy.
The process is as follows:
- Ovarian stimulation
- Puncture and Laboratory
- Fertilization of ovules
- Embryo culture in the laboratory
- Vitrification of remaining embryos
Benefits of Acupuncture as a Complement to AI and IVF Treatments
To date, there is ample scientific and clinical evidence that supports the effectiveness of acupuncture to prepare a woman’s body before and during assisted reproduction techniques. Acupuncture has, in particular, multiple benefits when used as a complement to artificial insemination (AI) or in vitro fertilization (IVF) treatments. It has been shown that acupuncture:
- Improves hormonal balance
- Minimizes the side effects of medication typical of assisted reproduction techniques
- Helps to calm the mind, reduce anxiety, lower stress levels and relax the woman’s body at all levels
- Strengthens the immune system, which plays a vital role during pregnancy
- Increases blood flow and vascularization in the uterus, the ovaries
- Relaxes the arteries that supply fresh blood to these areas, oxygenates and nourishes them
- Modulates uterine contractions
- Improves the receptivity of the endometrium
- Helps in the implantation of the embryo in the uterus
- Increases the chances of success of AI and IVF
At Acupuncture Chinese Herbs, we start treating patients primarily at the beginning of the AI or IVF process. With the time that we have, we apply all the therapies and techniques necessary to enhance their fertility and prepare their bodies for the day of the transfer. We believe that ideally, the patient should begin treatment at least three months before receiving the embryos to balance her reproductive system and maximize the chances of a successful pregnancy.